Skip to main content

HB 295 (2021)

Allow sex change on birth certificates without court order

Allows an individual to obtain a new birth certificate based on a change of gender identity, as certified by a licensed health care provider. Parental permission is required if a minor seeks a birth certificate change. At the time of this bill's submission, a court order is required to change a birth certificate.
Bill Sponsor:

Want hearing dates, vote records or the full bill text? See more on the Statehouse website…

Read about related bills, articles and more Civil Rights
Thank you to our sponsors and donors