Republican Party logo Republican
Facebook Icon   Twitter Icon
phone icon 202-456-1111

Background

Experience

U.S. President (2016 - present); Businessman; Television personality; Author; CEO, The Trump Organization; Chairman,Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts, Inc.

Family
Married; Children: 5
Education
BS Economics/Real Estate, Wharton School of Finance, University of Pennsylvania, PA.
Home Address
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

CAMPAIGN AND FUNDRAISING SUMMARY

While he may have faced a primary challenge from former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, President Trump has a significant advantage over his opponents: a preexisting campaign infrastructure and a war chest larger than any other candidate.

Reporting Date: December 31, 2019

POSITION ON ISSUES

These issue positions are derived from the annual Citizens Count issue surveys or candidate websites, social media posts, media interviews, voting records, and other sources.

Crime and Public Safety

Should the government legalize marijuana at the federal level?
Should the federal government limit certain firearm purchases to residents over age twenty-one?
Do you support Pres. Trump's decision to withdraw from the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement?
Should the NSA continue its bulk data collection programs for U.S. citizens?
Should the federal government expand background checks for firearms sales?
Should the U.S. impose additional sanctions on Russia in retaliation for its aggressive action in Syria and the Ukraine?
Should the U.S. impose additional sanctions on North Korea unless it abandons its nuclear program?

Economy, Budget and Taxes

Should the federal government reform Social Security by raising the retirement age?
Should the U.S. join the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP)?
Should the federal government institute a flat income tax for all income brackets while eliminating many deductions?
Should the federal government privatize some or all of Social Security?
Should the federal government raise the minimum wage?
Do you generally support higher tariffs on imports from countries such as China, where we have a large trade deficit?
Should the federal government increase funding for transportation infrastructure, such as road repair and highway expansion?

Education

Should the federal government allow student loan payments to be reduced based on income?

Energy and Environment

Should the federal government do more to combat climate change by taxing carbon emissions?
Do you agree with President Trump on withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement?

Health Care

Should the federal government continue to fund Planned Parenthood?
Should the federal government amend the Affordable Care Act/"Obamacare" by eliminating the "essential health benefits" insurance plans must cover?
Should the federal government ban abortion after 20 weeks gestation, with exceptions for cases of rape/incest and health complications?
Should the federal government pass a law guaranteeing the right to an abortion as decided in Roe v. Wade?
Should the federal government amend the Affordable Care Act/"Obamacare" by giving states a fixed block grant for Medicaid?
Should the federal government amend the Affordable Care Act/"Obamacare" by automatically enrolling every citizen in Medicare, replacing most private insurance?

Recreation and Transportation

Social Issues

Should the U.S. build a physical wall between Mexico and the U.S.?
Should the federal government provide more funding to states to fight opioid addiction?
Should Congress create a path to citizenship for illegal/undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children?
Should the federal government continue to fund Planned Parenthood?

VOTING RECORD

This candidate did not hold office as a legislator in the most recent session, and therefore does not have a voting record available.

Log in or register to post comments

COMMENTS

Chaz Rushing
- Jones

Fri, 03/06/2020 - 5:04pm

If you read this Mr President Trump, minimum wage needs to be raised or something else done because people can not make it on the 7.50 an hour that were currently at!

Mignon Diaz
- Lawrenceburg

Fri, 02/28/2020 - 7:06pm

People in jail get three meals a day for free well that we the citizens pay for. We put our kids in school so why should they not get three free meals a day? Why not make free lunch for public schools across the nation

Mignon Diaz
- Lawrenceburg

Fri, 02/28/2020 - 6:29pm

I would like to know what your thoughts on implementing free lunch programs and all schools?

Charles Gravenhorst
- Belmont

Thu, 02/27/2020 - 3:34pm

Greatest president in my lifetime; greatest president in modern history. America is becoming greater every day! And America will NEVER be a socialist country. Thank you, Mr. President.

Patricia Myers
- Deland

Thu, 09/19/2019 - 1:27pm

Border Wall:
I live in a melting pot neighborhood, its low income family's and alot of Drug selling on my corner!!
I know on first hand experience, that Mexican's come here and get on every government program the U.S has ! They are not out working!! they have children, lots and lots of Children! because....the more they have
the more they get from the U.S!! while I, a single White mother, has been working since I was seventeen!!
have always been told I make to much money for help! so guess what, I struggle month to month to pay my
bills, I have No Health Insurance, Because I Cant Afford it!!! and then I had to pay taxes because of Obama
F#*#ing care!!! so I can't afford Insurance and then I get penalized for it!!!!!
I say, Build that Wall!! Build it high, I'm tired of paying for them in my taxes, while I do without!!!

Pat Myers

Cynthia Dick
- Foxburg

Fri, 05/03/2019 - 1:53pm

Our FABULOUS President Mr. Donald Trump
I am tired of the press and all the false news they print about you. I hope the American people are smart enough to realize that the press is just a lot of false news to sell there paper and by printing all this false news it is contributing to the division of our country. The democrats are also contributing to the so called division in our country. The democrats should be putting more effort into things that are important to the American people instead of tying to divide us. The democrats are aiding in this countries division. This impeachment they are so determined to accomplish is another way to try to divide the country. I believe the democrats are still teenagers, because the way they do things reminds me of all those drama queens from high school. Mr. President you are right about these witch hunts and that's what they are, a witch hunt! I hope they soon give up and move on to more important things, like the American people's needs. I voted for you in the last election and I'll do so this 2020 election. I know that you are doing a great job and could do more if you had more support from the drama queens in Congress. I am glad you became our President, and I hope you get another term, so you can really make (AMERICA GREAT AGAIN) for another 4 years. Keep draining the swamp!

Roger McGinnis
- Sparta

Fri, 03/09/2018 - 12:07pm

If we control our borders, control drug trafficking, and allow parents to discipline their children vs. the state; control wouldn't even be an issue!!

Roger McGinnis

David Johnson
- Dayton

Tue, 03/06/2018 - 11:55am

If you want to raise the gun age to 21 then we should raise the voting age to 21 also, And for trump to say we will take someones guns and worry about the law after is the scariest thing Ive ever heard a president say. I do know with talk like this donald you will never see a second term, you have lost my family and friend vote, thanks for the betrayal.

Vik Singh
- Sacramento

Wed, 02/14/2018 - 9:24am

They are creating a huge health care mess and it needs to be fixed.

Anita Abanto-Pretty
- Cincinnati

Wed, 01/17/2018 - 9:01pm

Hello President Trump,
I don't tweet but I watch Fox News frequently and You usually say what I was thinking!
I think your rock. You have my family total support!
Thank You, for making an America Great Again !
The Thomas William CFD and Anita Abanto-PrettyMSN, RN

Pages

©2020 Live Free or Die Alliance | The Live Free or Die Alliance is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.