CITIZEN VOICES® br> Home growing medical marijuana?
Do you support legislation that allows qualifying patients and registered caregivers to grow medicinal marijuana at home?
Discussion held on Citizens Count NH website and Facebook page December 28, 2017
What Participants Said
Yes: 299 citizens were in favor of allowing qualifying patients to grow medical marijuana at home.
- “I should be able to grow my own plants. I can produce plants just as good as the dispensary can.”
- “Until marijuana is taken off the schedule 1 list of drugs, no insurance company will cover it, not even for our vets. Being able to grow their own is much cheaper than $400+ a month.”
- “Yes. Small amounts should be legal to grow for personal use, medicinal or not.”
No: 25 citizens were opposed to allowing qualifying patients to grow medical marijuana at home.
“Growing in your home for medical [purposes] opens up the possibility of more home break-ins and harm to the home owner.”
“I do not support this at all! If the state wants to allow the medicinal use of pot, it should be only grown by licensed companies that are inspected for proper growing methods and cleanliness.”
“No. Everyone should be able to grow, not just patients and caregivers."
Other: 15 citizens addressed their comments to related questions and issues.
- Health impacts: “Just read a medical article in The American Heart Journal that says smoking [marijuana] sets you up for a heart attack and lung cancer. Even in medical cases be certain to discuss the side effects with your doctor.”
- Recreational legalization: “I'm not a fan of legalizing but if the voters say yes then it should be what the people want not the politicians.”
- Marijuana sourcing: “It’s easier to buy from the black market then jump through hurdles for a plant that has never killed anyone.”
*Editor selection of actual participant quotes.