CITIZEN VOICES® Planned Parenthood contract for family planning care?
Nov 06, 2017
On Wednesday, November 8 the New Hampshire Executive Council will vote on giving state and federal dollars to ten health care providers who offer family planning services to low income residents. Those providers include Planned Parenthood. Read more about this issue.
"Do you support a state contract with Planned Parenthood to provide family planning services to low income residents?"
Discussion held on Citizens Count NH website and Facebook page November 06, 2017
What Participants Said
Yes: 105 citizens were in favor of a state contract with Planned Parenthood to provide family planning services to low income residents.
- “Yes. I'd rather pay for birth control than provide services for 18+ years. Ever think that there is very little need for abortion if a woman has birth control?”
- “Yes. Planned Parenthood is a major resource for heathcare, screenings, and information as well as contraception. All babies should be wanted and all pregnant women and new moms need access to health care.”
- “Yes… Effective birth control and health services should be available for low income people.”
No: 93 citizens opposed a state contract with Planned Parenthood to provide family planning services to low income residents.
- “No. Find a company that doesn't profit from the deaths of the unborn and contract with them.”
- “No… I'm pretty sure Planned Parenthood has the funds to support itself and its programs without taxpayer dollars.”
- “No… This is not something tax payer should be paying for. If people support Planned Parenthood they can privately fund it.”
Other: 13 citizens did not give a ‘yes or no’ response, instead addressing their comments to related questions and issues.
- Tax policy: “No one, not even libertarians, believe people should only have to pay taxes for things they personally support.”
- Abortion: “Abortion is not birth control.”
*Editor selection of actual participant quotes.