CITIZEN VOICES® br> Repeal bottle rocket ban?
Dec 29, 2017
HB 1416 would repeal the state's ban on bottle rockets. Under current state laws, only individuals with a commercial fireworks license can purchase bottle rockets in New Hampshire. The bill would permit the general retail sale of bottle rockets in New Hampshire, adding it to the list the number of fireworks that can be legally sold and used in the Granite State without a license. Read more about this issue.
Should NH repeal the ban on the sale and use of bottle rockets?
Discussion held on Citizens Count NH website and Facebook page December 6, 2017
What Participants Said
Yes: 165 people were in favor of repealing the ban on the sale and use of bottle rockets.
- “Yes. They’re no more dangerous than other fireworks and they’re fun to use responsibly.”
- “Yes… Given the number of bottle rockets that fly in NH around the 4th, you would not know that such a ban is in place. It can't be enforced.”
- “Bottle rockets are banned? I didn't know that. That's stupid. Yes, repeal the ban.”
No: 20 people were against repealing the ban on the sale and use of bottle rockets.
- “I agree to keep it as it is: no repeal of the current law.”
- “No. Why stop there?”
Other: 19 people commented on related questions and issues instead.
- Other fireworks: “Bring back the M'80's.”
- Indecision: “I don't know. Part of me says yes because bans in general are stupid unless there is a… good reason for it. However, part of me says no because I kind of want to know why the law was implemented in the first place and if those reason are still valid.”
- Clarifying current law: “I didn’t know they were banned.”
*Editor selection of actual participant quotes.