Skip to main content

HB 1191 (2022)

Allow unlicensed work by homeowner in two-family home


At the time of this bill's submission, someone can perform fuel gas fitting and electrical work on a single-family home if they own and live in the home. This bill revises that law to also allow unlicensed plumbing work, and to allow unlicensed work in a two-family home if a person owns the whole building and lives in one of the units.

Bill Sponsor:

Want hearing dates, vote records or the full bill text? See more on the Statehouse website
Need help navigating the Statehouse website? Check out our helpful guide

Browse related articles and bills:
Thank you to our sponsors and donors